A. Competition Divisions
1. The competition is divided into four divisions:
Emerging Professional Division
Maximum age 25 years during 2023*
Maximum age 19 years during 2023*
Maximum age 16 years during 2023*
Maximum age 13 years during 2023*
*In future years, the date of eligibility will be set for June 1 of the year of the competition.
1. Competitors must hold current AHS-Utah Chapter membership.
2. Competitors must pay the entry fee which must be paid by July 1 for an entry to be complete.
3. All competitors must be at or below the maximum age for each division during the year 2023.
(Note: Starting in 2024, the date for determining maximum age will move to June 1 of the competition year)
C. The Program
1. Contestants may perform the program in any order.
2. All compositions must be performed by memory.
3. All repeats are optional.
D. Final Division Performances
1. Contestants will appear in a predetermined random order. The number or letter assigned will
determine the performance order.
2. Every contestant will be entitled to compete his/her performance of the program and will not be
interrupted by the judges.
3. The public is invited to attend the competition performances
4. No applause or demonstrations of encouragement are allowed for any Division.
5. Applause is allowed at the end of the final piece for each contestant.
6. A contestant may only enter one Division.
1. A list of members of the jury will be given to contestants, upon request, following the Competition.
2. Judges will confirm that they are not related to and have not taught any contestant within the
previous 12 months.
3. In the event of a tie, the judges will determine a winner by a discussion.
4. The decision of the judges is final.
All Contestants will be awarded a Certificate of Participation
Prizes are presented to the winners at the Winners Recital Ceremony, following the completion of the
final division performances. Attendance of all competitors is required unless special permission to not attend is requested.
The winners may be expected to play at the Winner’s Recital Ceremony.
G. Application Procedure
Entry forms and all required application material must be received no later than 11:59 MST on July 1, 2023. There are no exceptions. Early bird registration ends 11:59 MST May 15, 2023.
A entry fee is required. Entry fees are non-refundable. Regular entry fee is $50. Early-bird entry fee is $40.
1. Travel expenses for the Competition are the contestant’s responsibility.
2. Competitors are expected to bring their own harp to perform on.
3. A Salvi or Lyon & Healy harp will be provided for each Competitor in each Division if you are unable to bring a harp. There is no for warm-up time with a harp provided by the UHC.